Monday, August 15, 2011
Strawberry Almond Pie
STRAWBERRY ALMOND PIE RECIPE
Try this great strawberry almond pie recipe...nice taste !
STRAWBERRY PIE RECIPE INGREDIENTS
* 1 1/2 cups crushed pecan shortbread cookies
* 1/4 cup blanched slivered almonds
* 1/3 cup butter, melted
* 6 cups fresh strawberries, hulled
* 1 cup white sugar
* 3 tablespoons cornstarch
* 1/3 cup water
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
STRAWBERRY PIE RECIPE INSTRUCTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In small bowl, stir together all crust ingredients. Press on bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Bake for 8 minutes. Cool completely.
3. Mash enough strawberries to equal 1 cup. In 2-quart saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in mashed berries and water. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and comes to a full boil (8 to 15 minutes). Boil 1 minute; remove from heat.
4. Stir in salt and almond extract; cool 10 minutes. Fill baked crust with remaining fresh
strawberries; pour cooked mixture over fresh berries. Refrigerate at least 3 hours. Garnish with
whipped cream and walnuts if desired. The strawberry pie recipe is ready to serve .....great taste of pie...enjoy !