STRAWBERRY RHUBARB PIE RECIPE
A nice strawberry pie recipe to try !
* Pastry for a 2-crust 9-inch pie
* 1-1/4 cups granulated sugar
* 3 tablespoon quick cooking tapioca
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
* Dash ground cinnamon
* 3 cups 1/2 inch pieces fresh rhubarb
* 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
* 1 teaspoon grated orange rind (optional)
* 1 tablespoon butter
In a large bowl mix together the sugar, tapioca, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Add the rhubarb, strawberries, and orange rind and stir until the mixture coats the spoon. Let the mixture stand for 15 minutes. Line a 9-inch pie plate with the pastry; spoon in the strawberry rhubarb mixture. Dot the top of the strawberry rhubarb mixture with the butter. Cover the pie with rolled out pastry; crimp edges. Bake in a preheated 400° oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until crust is browned. The strawberry pie recipe is ready to serve warm with with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. Cool ! Enjoy it !