Saturday, June 16, 2012
Strawberry Cheese Pie
STRAWBERRY CHEESE PIE
Another amazing strawberry pie recipe..with cheese...yummy !
STRAWBERRY PIE INGREDIENTS
* 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 4 tablespoons shortening
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 3 tablespoons cold water
* 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
* 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
* 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
* 1/4 cup chopped almonds
* 4 cups fresh strawberries, halved
* 1/4 cup currant jelly
STRAWBERRY PIE INSTRUCTIONS
1. Combine flour and salt in medium bowl. Cut in shortening and butter until all the flour is
blended to form pea-sized crumbs. Sprinkle with water one tablespoon at a time. Toss lightly with a fork until dough forms a ball. Chill dough 15 to 30 minutes.
2. Roll dough between two sheets of wax paper into an 11 inch circle. Remove top sheet of wax
paper and lay into 9 inch pie pan. Prick bottom and sides of pie shell thoroughly to prevent shrinkage.
3. Bake at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) for 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool to
4. Combine cream cheese and confectioner 's sugar in medium bowl. Beat with electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Beat in vanilla and almond extracts. Fold in whipped cream and almonds by hand until well mixed. Pour into cooled crust. Refrigerate until firm.
5. Decorate pie with strawberries fully or just around the edge. Heat jelly in microwave oven just until soft and brush carefully over strawberries until glazed. Refrigerate until serving.
The strawberry pie recipe is ready to serve your taste.....hmmm nice !