Sunday, February 19, 2012
Strawberry Rhubarb Pie III
Try this strawberry pie ....great taste !
STRAWBERRY PIE RECIPE INGREDIENTS
* 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
* 1 teaspoon orange zest
* 4 cups diced rhubarb
* 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
* 1 1/2 cups white sugar
* 6 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
* 1 tablespoon milk
* 1 tablespoon white sugar for decoration
* 1 cup all-purpose flour (optional)
* 1 cup white sugar (optional)
* 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
* 1/2 cup butter (optional)
STRAWBERRY PIE RECIPE INSTRUCTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Line a pie pan with bottom crust.
2. Mix together rhubarb, strawberries, orange zest, 1 1/2 cups sugar, and tapioca. Spoon into
crust. Roll out second crust, and place over the filling. Seal the edges. Brush with milk, and
sprinkle extra sugar on top.
3. Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and bake for an additional 35 minutes.
4. For a crumb topping, omit top pie crust. Combine flour, 1 cup sugar, and salt. Cut in butter
or margarine until mixture is crumbly. Spoon over filling, and bake as directed above.
The strawberry rhubarb pie is ready to serve...hmmmm great taste...enjoy !